Under the Medicare Benefit Scheme, Private Midwifery care is now ACCESSIBLE and AFFORDABLE for women and families.
Plus it’s super SIMPLE!
- Visit your GP.
- Ask them for a referral for Kate Elizabeth Parenting.
You can then utilise my medicare approved services throughout pregnancy and postpartum. This includes breastfeeding education and support, newborn care, and parenting.
Plus, there is no set limit – you can access as little or as much as you need.
Your referral from your GP is valid for 12 months.
P.S. You do need a few things; a valid Medicare card, pregnant, or within 6 weeks postpartum to utilise this benefit.
FEES AS OF MAY 2022
Antenatal Consultations (Long – 60 mins)
Consulting Room $130 — Out of Pocket $63.20
Home Visits $150 — Out of Pocket $83.20
Postnatal Consultations (Long – 60 mins)
Consulting Room $130 — Out of Pocket $61.15
Home Visits $150 — Out of Pocket $81.15
HEALTH CARE CARD HOLDERS ARE BULK BILLED FOR ALL CONSULTATIONS
*** Out of pocket prices may vary due to your personal circumstances in regards to The Medicare Safety Net for that calendar year ***
Breastfeeding Education & Support appointments fees as above for antenatal & postnatal consultations.
Consultations are available:
- In my consulting room (Hillside, Victoria 3037)
- In your home (extra fees apply and travel fee applies for more than 50km from 3037)
- Telehealth (in telehealth-eligible areas only)
- All consultations are payable at time of appointment
- EFTPOS with Medicare available (Payment of out of pocket expenses only)
- Travel fee for home visits greater than 50km from 3037 are charged at $0.65 per kilometer