LAMAZE BIRTH EDUCATION
Birth needs preparation. Body, Mind, Spirit.
Antenatal Classes focused on preparing expecting families to have an empowering birth and smooth transition into parenthood.
The heart of Lamaze is established around evidence-based information and focuses on building your confidence. Using Lamaze 6 Healthy Birth Practices, I will help you gain a great understanding of how your body, pregnancy, & birth works physiologically. I will empower you with knowledge and inner faith to back & advocate for yourself while reducing fear from your journey.
During my 10 + years as a Midwife, I have witnessed the magic of birth & the innate birthing power of women so many times, I have lost count. I will never get tired of soaking birth beauty in.
My philosophy is EVERY BIRTHING PERSON deserves to birth in their power, strength, confidence, & have an empowering experience no matter how they wish to birth. I am pro physiological & normal birth, but I am also passionate about women having births that they feel safe, secure, seen, & held.
My mission is to educate, support, and empower women & families to promote a safe, empowering, and healthy pregnancy, birth, and postpartum period. I believe that all women have the right to their own innate birthing power and to be empowered to discover their strength.
The Heart of Lamaze
Promoting a Safe & Healthy Pregnancy
Promoting a Natural, Safe, and Healthy Birth
Healthy Baby, Breastfeeding, Postpartum, and Early Parenting
As a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator, I:
- Promote the childbearing experience as a normal, natural, and healthy process that profoundly affects women and their families;
- Assist women and their families to discover using strategies to facilitate normal, natural, and healthy pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and early parenting.
- Help women and their families to understand how complications and interventions influence the normal course of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and early postpartum.
- Provide information and support that encourages attachment between babies and their families.
- Assist women and their families to make informed decisions for childbearing and advocate for their birth preferences.
- Act as an advocate to promote, support, and protect natural, safe, and healthy birth.
It's realistic to expect that labour will be hard work, and it's also realistic to expect that you can do this work. Expect to be amazed at your own power and strength!
Lamaze Fully Equipped Childbirth Education eBook
There is a lot of information and topics around pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum, breastfeeding, newborn care and parenthood, it can get OVERWHELMING! It can all become a blur! Plus throw in pregnancy brain – it is a legit thing! BOOM!!!
I want you and your birth team to be as equipped and confident as possible. I want you to have a book you can refer to whenever needed. I want you to have cheat sheets. And that's exactly what you get when you book a Lamaze class with me.
Every single participant in my Antenatal Classes gets their own copy of my 50+ page Lamaze Child Birth Education eBook. It’s an instant download with your booking!