Only 1 in 3 women reach their breastfeeding goals!!
So, how do we get more women to accomplish their breastfeeding goals?
To reach your breastfeeding goals and find your breastfeeding groove with your baby, I am here to support you.
I am here to debunk the myths.
I am here to tell you what is normal for breastfeeding and babies.
I am here to help you troubleshoot any hurdles to get back on track to finding your breastfeeding groove.
The key to success is getting support and guidance early!
Women tend to wait until breaking point – let’s change this!
Get support early and find your path to breastfeeding success!
There is a LOT of myths going around town about breastfeeding, milk supply & what is ‘normal’ for the dyad of Mum & Baby. But the stories you are hearing are not the FULL STORY!
Breastfeeding is natural and normal – but each WOMAN & each BABY is unique!
Each Mum & Baby dyad is unique.
Breastfeeding is different for every woman & each baby!
It takes time and SUPPORT to get your unique breastfeeding groove flowing with Mum & Baby.
ANTENATAL BREASTFEEDING EDUCATION
- Why breastfeeding is normal and important for Mum & Baby
- The importance of support & community
- Establishing breastfeeding and overcoming challenges
- The risks associated with not breastfeeding.
- The importance of skin to skin, the first feed and Golden Hour.
- Why rooming in is important.
- Why bottles, teats and dummies are discouraged while breastfeeding is being established.
- How to accomplish breastfeeding goals
- Basic breastfeeding and lactation management including positioning and attachment.
- Feeding cues and frequency of feeding.
- Indications the baby is getting enough milk.
- Maintaining and increasing breast milk supply.
- Breastfeeding support groups and services in the community.
- Discuss goals, fears, myths & answer all questions
POSTNATAL BREASTFEEDING EDUCATION
- Support & is this normal?
- Positioning and attachment advice
- Management of sore nipples
- Assessment and management of milk supply
- Expressing and storing breast milk
- Poor baby weight gain
- Managing blocked ducts, mastitis and nipple pain
- Returning to work and breastfeeding
- Introducing solids & breastfeeding
- Weaning safely
- + much more
Medicare Rebates may be available for breastfeeding consultations – Referral from GP required.
Consultations provided in a consulting room located in Hillside, Victoria (3037), or In-home consultations (within 50km of 3037, further travel will incur a fee), or Telehealth (eligible telehealth areas only)